What is a Pony Morning?
Alice and Janet run our pony mornings every Saturday from 10am to 1pm. Children aged 7 - 12 come to learn about riding and different aspects of looking after and handling the ponies. Children will have a riding lesson and the remaining time will be spent doing hands on activities and games to learn about stable management and riding theory in a small group. Our pony mornings are fully supervised, educational and fun.
What types of activities are there?
The mornings give children hands on experience of ponies, where they get the opportunity to ride and take part in activities such as:
- Grooming the ponies, picking out their feet & learning about the different brushes
- Catching & leading the ponies in from the fields
- Tacking up & learning about different tack & equipment
- Bathing the ponies (when its warm enough!) & learning to plait their manes and tails
- How to feed the ponies, different types of feed, watering & mucking out
- Games & sometimes little competitions
- There are also certificates of achievement that the children can work towards and gain a rosette!
Parents are not required to stay with their child during the pony morning. As long as your child is happy to be left with us then they can take part. Pony mornings are a great way to get children exercising in the fresh air with other like-minded children. All levels of experience are welcome. Riding clothes are not needed, however we do recommend long sleeve tops & trousers. Also appropriate clothing based on the weather.
When is it on?
Every Saturday morning and some week day mornings during the school holidays.
The cost is £25 per child and includes hat hire, if required.